Walailak University Language Institute (WULI) is seeking 1 lecturers
Walailak University Language Institute (WULI) is seeking 1 lecturers with the following qualifications:
1. WULI Lecturers qualifications:
(1) Native Speaker or Non Native Speaker (Non-Thai)
- A native speaker applicant from the United States of America/United Kingdom/Australia/New Zealand/Canada holding a Bachelor, Master or Doctoral degree in English, Education, Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Linguistics, English Literature, or related fields.
- A non-native speaker (Non-Thai) applicant holding a Master or Doctoral degree in English, Education, Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Linguistics, English Literature, or related fields.
- Candidates with experience in Teaching English will be preferred.
(2) Special consideration will be given to the applicants who have extensive experience in teaching, research and publications in their field of special.
(3) GPA in bachelor degree is not less than 2.75 of 4.00 and GPA in master degree is not less than 3.50 of 4.00
2. Job Description for WULI Lecturers
2.1 Working hour requirement
1) Performing duties for total working hours account of at least 30 hours/week, of which at least 16 hours/week must be teaching, but not more than 48 hours/week.
2) Teaching slots usually start from 8 AM to 7 PM during weekdays. However, make-up classes during weekend maybe requested from time to time.
3) Proctoring tests/exams/etc. as assigned by WULI. Proctoring slots usually happen during weekdays, but weekend slots maybe requested from time to time.
4) No overtime pay for excess hours of work.
5) No teaching or tutoring outside university unless arranged or requested by WULI.
2.2 Job requirement
1) Teaching English General Education Program.
2) Teaching students/employees of the university in additional English courses as requested by WULI.
3) Performing a weekly formative assessment as specified within the WULI course syllabus
4) Closely interacted with students using social media / software / program as specified by WULI.
5) Arranging a weekly office hour session to help students who have limited proficiency of English.
6) Developing teaching and testing materials.
7) Proctoring exams assigned by the University i.e. placement test, pre-test, post-test, etc.
8) Conducting out of class English related activities as requested by WULI.
9) Conducting projects for community service, i.e. Guest Speaker, English Camps, School Visits.
10) Translating, proofreading and document editing assigned or requested by WULI or the university.
11) Attaining to other university assignments as requested.
3. Working full time Lecturer within the Walailak University Language Institute (WULI) 1 year contract.
4. Salary Offered
We offer you the salary of 40,000 – 60,000 THB/month based on your qualification and English language teaching experiences.
Note : Salary will also be subjected to Thai tax system.
In case, the university cannot provide accommodation in university to foreign staff, the university may consider pay for the actually accommodation charged according to the president but not more than 6,000 THB per month
5. The medical and other benefits are provided.
6. Further information and application procedure available from; e-mail : email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 22 March, 2019
Applicants may apply in person at either of the above addresses or by downloading an Application Form from http://dp2.wu.ac.th/JU/application _academic_en.pdf
Please visit https://www.wu.ac.th/en for the announcements of list of applicants, examination and interview schedule and list of successful applicants.