The first two years of this program is taken up with courses from the General Education, and specialized courses in the basic professional training program, which aims at broadening the worldview of students of chemical/process, to give them a good understanding of society and the ability to adapt themselves to it, enable them to work effectively with others, provide them an ethical foundation, the desire to learn and self-discipline, and the ability to think systematically and rationally.
The final two years of the program focus on the specialized courses in engineering. These consist of courses in using computers to control equipment and processes both in theory and practice in order to fully prepare graduates in the field of process engineering with the knowledge and expertise in the process control. Besides this, there is a Cooperative Education course in which Walailak University, in cooperation with employers, provides students with short-term workplace experience in a field of employment related to their program of study over a period of one term. Walailak University and the employer will closely monitor, supervise, and evaluate the student’s progress. Thus, the student will gain knowledge from two places, the University and potential workplace, with the Cooperative Education program acting like a bridge linking the two, and so preparing the student for their working life following their graduation.
Process Engineers able to work in all factories using processes
• Process Engineers, processed agricultural products e.g.
- Factories producing agricultural or fisheries products
- Factories producing rubber or palm oil products
- Factories producing canned foods
- Factories producing pharmaceutical products
• Chemical Engineer e.g.
- Factories using chemicals for production (all factories)
- Factories producing petrochemicals / plastics / glue / rubber / iron
- Designing equipment used for chemical and engineering production processes
- Designing equipment and systems for environmental management
• The degree in Chemical and Process Engineering provides opportunity for further studies in various fields e.g.
- Polymer engineering
- Control engineering
- Petrochemical engineering
- Petroleum engineering
- Engineering and Environmental Management
Program Contact Person
Name: Assoc.Frof.Dr.Veerasak Thonglimp
Contact Phone No.: +66 7567 2329, +66 7567 2304-5