English language is chiefly accessed through the formal system of education. Therefore, EFL instructors who are incontestably acting as part of an invaluable asset of the EFL profession need to be first and foremost assisted in the advancement of their EFL career in order to successfully make professional headway both for their own benefit as well as for the betterment of EFL in Asia. To secure its own functionally effective niche within the broad realm of English education, the EFL discipline is in an acute need of the following three lines of professional development: the production of self-dependent English competent EFL professionals; the inculcation, among EFL professionals, of context-responsive research enthusiasm; and the encouragement, among EFL professionals, of EFL research presentation and publication.
The context-responsive development of EFL human resources for the betterment of the EFL profession in Asia, as well as in the international English education arena, is the underlining principle of this M.A. (TEFL) program. The objectives of the program are:
1) To promote EFL professionals’ autonomy in improving their own English competence in their native non-English mother tongue lands
2) To develop context-responsive expertise in the management of EFL instruction
3) To enhance, among EFL professionals, EFL context-responsive action research skills in order to gain valid insights into TEFL challenges, and/or produce effective innovations/solutions to solve ever-present obstacles encountered in TEFL
4) To instill, among EFL professionals, earnestness for the presentation and the publication of EFL research outcomes
5) To establish a TEFL network of all concerned parties with the aim of promoting successful TEFL
The MA program in Teaching English as a Foreign Language aims to foster EFL professionals’ research strengths in pursuit of practicable EFL innovations, as well as to promote professional development of their individual interests within the entire field of the EFL profession: EFL curricula; EFL testing and evaluation; EFL teaching methodologies; EFL teaching materials; and other relevant areas.
Program Contact Person
Name: Asst.Prof.Dr.Pragasit Sitthitikul
Contact Phone No.: +66 7567 2012, +66 7567 2002-3