The program gives special emphasis to the development of health promotion skills, which is the central focus of the new national health policy. Promotion of individual, family, and community involvement in maintaining wellness and quality of life is an important component of the course. Students also develop the knowledge, skills and clinical competencies required for treatment and rehabilitation procedures.
Students undertaking this program should be able to relate well to other people and be capable of self-direction. They should value human life and possess a well-developed sense of responsibility towards themselves and other people in society.
Upon completion of this program graduates are expected to be able to:
• Provide effective nursing care to promote and maintain health and wellness, assist with treatment and rehabilitation by applying appropriate professional nursing knowledge and skills, have good professional relationships with colleagues and clients, demonstrate genuine respect for the feelings, beliefs, values, life experiences of the clients with a view to enhancing people’s capacity to promote and maintain their wellness and quality of life;
• Work cooperatively with health care colleagues;
• Manage effectively and efficiently the nursing and health care service system;
• Apply research findings to nursing practice, and participate in collaborative research projects;
• Use information technology skills to produce educational materials for public health education programs;
• Disseminate professional knowledge and advice for the benefit of other members of the health care team, its clients, and the general public;
• Maintain the highest moral and ethical standards in nursing practice;
• Engage in a lifelong pursuit of professional self-improvement and active participation in professional and social development;
• Promote and maintain the cultural and artistic traditions of the country;
• Be a good citizen with a strong sense of social and moral responsibility to the community.
Career and Postgraduate Study Opportunities
Graduates are employed as general nursing practitioners in government and private hospitals, and health care centers. They may undertake further study for Master's and Doctoral degrees to become specialists in various areas of nursing science in preparation for employment as health care administrators, or teaching staff at universities or nursing colleges.
Program Contact Person
Name: Asst.Prof.Dr.Wipawan Pensuksan
Contact Phone No.: +66 7567 2160, +66 75 67 2101-2