At the Nursing School’s Graduate Program at Walailak University academic staff believe that the health problems of individuals, families and society today are more complex than ever. People who are the victims of chronic illnesses and violence take a long time to recover. Solving health problems thus requires the use of modern technology, so it is necessary that hospitals have a high capability, the best knowledge, ability and nursing experience to care for patients, as well as understand how health issues are influenced by society, technology, and behavior. Students in this program will develop the ability to collect empirical data and analyze it in order to develop innovations in nursing, to improve the quality of health care at the level of the individual, family, community, and society, to use resources efficiently, and also to formulate of policy to promote good health.
Teaching and learning in the Nursing School’s Graduate Program thus aims to train individuals for lifelong learning, to develop professional nurses to use their scholarship in practice, who have a broad perspective, who are able to analyze situations, who understand the process of the development of social health in the past up to the present, and who are able to plan to prevent and reduce long-term health problems in the future. Students will develop the knowledge and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary field, the ability to use concrete methods to create real improvements in the area of physical and mental health, and to promote a balanced society and environment. Students will learn to communicate information in an easy to understand manner and be able to effectively disseminate that knowledge to society for the greatest healthcare benefit.
Graduates in the Master of Nursing Science (Adult Nursing) program will have the following knowledge and capabilities:
• A high level of knowledge and ability in the field of Adult Nursing, as well as having interdisciplinary knowledge;
• The ability to develop tangible forms and method of practicing nursing, using the most up-to-date knowledge while maintaining a balance between global and local knowledge;
• The ability to practice nursing at the highest levels using the latest research and knowledge in the field of nursing and other related fields to develop on-going innovation in nursing practice;
• The ability to analyze and synthesize research and health data in a concrete way, and to make it understandable and practicable, and disseminate it through the mass media in the most suitable ways for the improvement of community and social health;
• The ability to carry out the role of administrator and manager in healthcare for individuals, the family and society, and to participate in developing policies to improve the quality of healthcare in health care service centers, the local community, and at the national level;
• The ability to promote participation and decision-making in personal healthcare, family healthcare, social healthcare, on the basis of adherence to human rights, ethics, and professional regulations;
• The ability to conduct research in order to evaluate and improve the quality of hospital care, especially in specialist areas.
Program Contact Person
Name: Asst.Prof.Dr.Jom Suwanno
Contact Phone No.: +66 7567 2117, +66 75 672101-2