The Walailak Computational Science MSc/PhD program definitely increased student research capabilities in the areas of Nonlinear Science and Complex System, Ecoinformatics, Computational Statistics and Finance, and Nanotechnology.
WCPS program is the only one computational science MSc/PhD program in Thailand. In addition, we are the only program that offers research in Ecoinformatics and Computation Finance.
MSc/PhD Research Programs
All WCPS courses can be tailored to provide you with basic knowledge to support your research. Few schools can match WCPS for breadth of experience. Our faculty is collaborative and much of our research is interdisciplinary. Many modules feature guest speakers from specialized fields. There are several strands to our study program which interweave to give you the distinctive Walailak experience. Some are compulsory, while others are optional depending on what you want to achieve through the program. Full details of the syllabus for all modules, and an example study calendar, are available online at http://computing.wu.ac.th/cps
For MSc. and Ph.D Program, students will be taking two core courses and seminar courses.
• Introduction to Computational Science
• Applications of Advanced Software for Computational Science
• Advanced Computer Programming
• Complex System Science. Students will study nonlinear dynamics, chaos, and complexity theory.
• Ecoinformatics. Students will study ecological modeling, sensor-based ecology and area-based ecology and biodiversity.
• Computational Nanotechnology. Students will study computational nanoscience, molecular simulation, molecular quantum mechanics and computational nanotechnology research.
• Computational Finance. Students will study stochastic processes, stochastic calculus, financial time-series analysis, principles of modern finance, and mathematical finance.
• Computational Statistics. Students will study statistical linear model, sampling techniques, nonparametric statistics, experimental design and analysis, forecasting techniques, and regression analysis.
Students are required to complete his/her research, write up articles for publication, disseminate the findings via seminars and write up a thesis.
• Monitoring biodiversity, damage and bleaching of coral reefs by geo-computing of physical and remote sensing data with field verifications for NBIDS-BRT database.
• Effect of climate change on cloud forest at Khao Nan
• Forms, coral biodiversity and physical factors at Racha Yai Islands, Phuket
• Cloud Forest Project, Khao Nan National Park.
• Aedes aegypti and Aedes albopictus larval distribution in Thailand
• Climate Change and Mangosteen Production
• Dolphin Home range Modeling
Program Contact Person
Name: Assoc.Prof.Dr.Mullica Jaroensutasinee
Contact Phone No.: +66 7567 2030, +66 7567 2005-6