English lecturer job vacancies available at Walailak University (1 Position)
Walailak University, a fully autonomous state university in southern Thailand, is located in Thasala District, Nakhon Si Thammarat Province - about 800 kilometres from Bangkok and 32 kilometres from the City of Nakhon Si Thammarat.
The campus of the residential university covering 3,600 acres of land area is well equipped with modern information technology for research, teaching and learning, and administration.
I. Academic Staff Vacancies within the School of Liberal Arts, Walailak University
Position : English lecturer
1. Ph.D (preferable) or M.A. in English,Education, Literature, Linguistics, TESOL, TEFL, or related fields
2. Preferably, experiences in teaching in Higher Education and experiences both as researcher and research advisor
3. Preferably, experiences in curriculum management
Expected workloads for a faculty member in the Department of English
1. Teaching English courses in General Education modules
2. Teaching English courses for the BA English Program
3. Teaching English courses for Graduate degrees, and functioning as a thesis advisor in MA (TEFL) (in case of a PhD applicant)
4. Functioning as an academic advisor for students in BA English program, and if agreed, an advisor to students with special needs
5. Collaborating in the department programs for excellence in English education, extra-curricular activities, and other activities
6. Conducting projects for community services
7. Responding to student admission process
8. Developing research studies and strengthening academic profiles of the School of Liberal Arts
9. Conducting other university assignments
Teaching workload is a minimum of 12 hours/week.
Assignments may fall on weekends or holidays.
II. Minimum Salary Offered
1. 40,000 THB for an applicant with a doctoral degree
2. 28,000 THB for an applicant with a master’s degree
Note: Salary rate can be negotiated if an applicant is considered as an expertise or highly qualified.
III. Welfare and Benefits
A successful applicant will be entitled to receive University Staff Welfare and Benefits such as a provident fund, reimbursement of children’s tuition fee, medical expenses.
IV. Documents Required for Application
1) A completed application form affixed one colored 1” photo taken within the previous 6 months (do not wear hat and glasses)
2) Certified copies of bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees and copies of academic transcripts
3) One certified copy of citizen ID card or passport for international applicants
4) One certified copy of household registration
5) Other documents e.g. a copy of marriage certificate, a certificate of name or surname changes.
6) Evidence of exemption of military service (For Thai applicants)
Further information on the vacancies and application procedure is available from;
Division of Personnel
222 Thaiburi, Thasala District,
Nakhon Si Thammarat 80160
Tel: +66 75 673 704
Fax: +66 75 673 708
Walailak University Coordination Unit
SM Tower 19th Floor 979/42-46
Phaholyothin Road, Samsen Nai
Phayathai, Bangkok 10400
Tel: +66 2 298 0244
Fax: +66 2 298 0248
The closing date for applications is May 20, 2014
Applicants may apply in person at either of the above addresses or by downloading an Application Form from http://dp2.wu.ac.th/form.html for filling out and post together with required documents to:
President of Walailak University
222 Thaiburi, Thasala District
Nakhon Si thammarat
(Please specify ‘application for a lectureship position’ in the bottom right corner of the envelop)
Please visit www.wu.ac.th for the announcements of list of applicants, examination and interview schedule and list of successful applicants.